Entry doors manufactured by Thermoluxe Door Systems and sold by Doorshoppers.com are covered by the manufacturer's limited warranty which guarantees they will remain free from defects in manufacturing, materials, and workmanship if used in residential applications for the following periods of time:
SLABS & COMPONENTS
Finished fiberglass and steel slabs – 10 years
Unfinished fibreglass slabs – no warranty
Vinyl wrapped components – 10 years
Threshold – 1 year
PAINT & STAIN
Standard white finish on steel doors - 10 year warranty against major discolouration
Steel doors & fiberglass doors with custom finish: limited lifetime adhesion warranty and a 7-year discolouration warranty.
Seal failure in wrought iron, stained glass, ArtVitrum, sidelights - 10 years
Seal failure in Diagano & Avenue triple glass inserts – 5 years
Locks – 1 year
Pull handles – 10 years
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
This warranty excludes coverage of failures which are resulted from or involve the following:
- misuse, abuse, accident, negligence, mishandling, poor installation, lack of maintenance, application of an inappropriate finish, vandalism or an explosion.
- improper application, including but not limited to installation or use in high humidity or high vibration areas, exposure to excessive heat, extreme atmospheric conditions, chemical products, harsh or abrasive cleaners, air pollutants, toxic vapours
- movement or faulty construction of the building in which the door is installed
- warp of less than 1/4’’ in the door panel or any other deformity that does not exceed the criteria in standard CAN/CGSB-82.5-M887
- normal wear, fading or discoloration of finish from product usage, age or exposure to direct sunlight.
- minor visual imperfections
- light scratches and rub marks not felt with your fingernail. Medium scratches and rub marks felt with your fingernail but less than 1/8” long.
- glass breakage of any kind is not covered by this Warranty
- slabs of unfinished fiberglass doors
- routine and seasonal adjustment of strikers or door sweeps
- routine wear of components through normal usage; common wear items include door sweeps, hinges, weatherstripping, corner seal pads and hardware.
- components, parts and labour including but not limited to non-factory-applied finishes, sealants or caulking, supplied and/or installed by third parties other than Thermoluxe Door Systems.
- labour costs including but not limited to removal and reinstallation of the product; and shipping expenses required to return the product to Thermoluxe Door Systems.
- fire, flood, earthquake, acts of God, and/or any force major events or actions beyond the control of Thermoluxe Door Systems.
- installation of a storm door voids the Warranty.
- warranty is not provided for the products which have not been paid if full
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
In the event of a warranty claim, Thermoluxe Door Systems must be notified in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
The claim must include proof of sale, name and address of the owner and the installer, detailed description and clear digital images of the defect.
In case the claim meets the terms of the Warranty, Thermoluxe, at its sole discretion, will do any of the following:
- fix the defect
- provide a replacement part or product (the replacement part/product will be covered by this limited warranty only for the balance of the original warranty period. The costs of installation and/or finishing for any replacement part/product will not be paid by Thermoluxe.)
- refund the original purchase price
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION
Thermoluxe’s maximum liability is limited to the purchase price of the product. In no case shall Thermoluxe be liable for any general, incidental or consequential damage. Thermoluxe makes no other warranty, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product. This warranty is not transferable and only applies to the original consumer as long as this consumer occupies the residential premises where the product was originally installed.